Re: [OM] One big happy family...

Subject: Re: [OM] One big happy family...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 21:10:03 -0600
At 06:09 PM 7/13/98 -0700, Winsor Crosby replied to a long string of messages
thusly:

[BIG snip]

>Just a suggestion, if you are replying to old mail, check the current stuff
>for the same thread to see whether anyone is interested anymore. Chances
>are they are not, especially if it takes the form of another, 'I agree that
>person A is a rotten person for saying that' in a long stream of similar
>sentiments, beating the proverbial dead horse.

Yeah, and I'll make it easier for people to classify some of the others around
here!  Let's all chant together now, folks:

"Garth Wood's a rotter for not getting the Gallery up-to-date this weekend!"

Guilty as charged.

When I announced that I was planning on updating, the Gods conspired against
me: (i) my wife (She Who Must Be Obeyed -- a lesser god, but still one Not To
Be Trifled With) needed my home computer for most of the weekend to work on her
resume, (ii) my HTML editor went and freaked out on me, partially scrambling
the site (and its structure) on my hard drive, and (iii) a whole swack of new
submissions came in at the last minute, including a set of 31 (!) photos from
Dr. Matthew Cordery, who apparently went on a magical journey to the Antipodes
and bought out all the available slide film in the Southern Hemisphere (and a
worthy effort it was, too!).

Thus, I'm plowing through 'em as fast as I'm able.  I've added about five new
submitters to the site, and a few more have been updated, but as yet they're
all still trapped on my hard drive.  I may do a series of small releases over
the next few days to reduce the anxiety level.

By the by, my blood pressure's been rising just reading the list, but then,
it's been hot and muggy for the last two weeks here.  Weather finally broke
yesterday, and I had my first decent sleep in July.  Looking forward to another
one tonight.

Erstwhile Oly content:  I went and purchased an Olympus Centurion-S APS camera
a while ago, and hope to put up the first pictures from it within the next week
(other people's pics are a priority though, don't worry).

Ciao for now.  And my apologies.

Garth

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:
   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/