Re: [OM] One big happy family...

Subject: Re: [OM] One big happy family...
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:36:41 -0800
Shawn Wright wrote:

>The last week or so there has been a lot of tension on this list.
>In each case, [it] has quickly blown over
>[snip]
>"Now, let's go back to being one big happy family, d*mm*t! :) "

As much as I hate to differ with yet another OLY list luminary,
I must state that I don't mind the occasional controversy that
once in a while hits this list. IMHO, there is nothing wrong
with an open and honest debate, as long as it doesn't escalate
into unnecessary name callings, bomb throwings, etc.

Sure, in the process some feathers get ruffled (including mine),
and some fragile egos get bruised (including mine), but I'd much
rather have that than one big, happy, DYSFUNCTIONAL family.

The latest FAQ brouhaha perfectly illustrates my point. I dared
to stir the pot, and after some "tension" we have a hypermarked
version of the OLY FAQ. I consider this a positive outcome, even
though RLH may never speak to me again.  Luckily, he and I live
on opposite Coasts, because if RLH were 6'4", 260 lbs, and a
professional wrestler living in LA, I guarantee you that I would
not be as brave. :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA