Re: [OM] color repro (was Oly hole)

Subject: Re: [OM] color repro (was Oly hole)
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 06:27:50 -0400
>>Hehehe......yep, we're getting a tad too serious 'round here......yep, no
doubt about it.  Ya see Denton, I'm down here in the tobacca and cotton
fields in South Carolina.  I am hard pressed to recall a 8-1/2" x 11"
photograph in anything printed around here, much less in color.  Madison
Avenue this ain't.  :-)>>

I wish I was on Madison Avenue...

What I do, for my own business and often for others, are 4-page product
catalogs. That is, an 11x17 sheet folded in half and printed 4 sides.

Typically, there will be a full page color photo on the front, with type
knocked out, a bunch of small product photos inside, and perhaps a large
photo on the back with info about the company.

For the photos, I'll usually use my 90mm Zuiko macro. Now that I have a
slide scanner, I can shoot the photos and scan them myself. Before, I would
put them on PhotoCD. With Pagemaker for page layout, Photoshop for a
minimal amount of photo enhancement, and Corel for any logo work, you can
do anything. Add this to the new short-run printing processes available,
virtually anything is possible.

The point is, that with some basic tools, and some aesthetic talent (which
as photographers we should all have), one can help small business look like
big business, while cutting Madison Avenue out of the loop.

Technology--gotta love it!

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com