Re: [OM] Let There Be Light!? Portable Light Reflectors??

Subject: Re: [OM] Let There Be Light!? Portable Light Reflectors??
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 15:33:43 +0200
Hi All,
I second Buddy (if my memory is right) he wrote:
>I bought a couple of the "Photoflex - Lite Disc" a few months ago.  They
are about 12 inches in diameter and fold down (twist into a figure 8) and
fit in a zippered pouch only 6 inches wide.  One is translucent and the
other is
silver/white.  They also make a gold/White that I plan on getting later<
I use those Photoflex from a long time, mostly in my "video job", and they
are really useful when your subject is "back-lighted". The one I use mainly
is the silver/white with the white side for a soft compensation. The gold
one is fine to give some "character" to the light and a more intimate
climate.
Those items are more practical than the traditional polystirol.
One cheap alternative is a "survival blanket" this thin foil of
"aluminized" plastic is too noisy (for the use I have) and too wind
sensitive but for Photography close-up and with clothes pegs it could work.
But nothing to compare with the Photoflex (they look cheaper in your country
than here..!)
regards
marc