[OM] Search engine update

Subject: [OM] Search engine update
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 12:57:42 -0800
I have run into a few problems with the search engine:

1. It was taking *way* too long to index the 1998 archives (it ran for 36 hours
and was still only 30 0one...)
2. I still need to fix it so that messages are added as they come in - as it
stands, the archives currently end on June 30th. (except the digests, which are
still daily).

I'm looking into solutions to #1 which will work with limited CPU resources -
if anyone has experience with this, I'd love some suggestions.