Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 07:51:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, John Austin wrote:

> Does anyone have an opinion on how one develops or
> improves their aesthetic or artistic sense. I know that I for one feel that
> I can always use improvement, and perhaps I'm not alone in feeling that way.
> Any input from anyone?

  Practice, practice, practice...

  Look at the work of others (and not just on a computer screen, either).
  Check out some books out of the library, and not necessarily just
  in the genre that you happen to work in. Immerse yourself in the
  images. Ask yourself why & how they work. A little cross -
  pollination isn't bad, either. Listen to music, go see some good
  movies (forget asteroids!), maybe a play or a poetry reading. Discuss
  these things you are seeing with others of like interests.

                          oh, yeah, and more practice..

                                 Doris Fang