Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 21:06:48 +0100
>Over the past several days, I have read on the list several mentions of
>aesthetic sense. By which I assume the writers are talking about artistic
>ability with a camera. Does anyone have an opinion on how one develops or
>improves their aesthetic or artistic sense. I know that I for one feel that
>I can always use improvement, and perhaps I'm not alone in feeling that way.
>Any input from anyone?
>
>Regards,
>John Austin

John

I think that you will have hit a nerve with many people with this query.  I
spend so much time fretting inside on rainy days (don't dare get the
lenses/bodies wet) that when the sun shines, you might expect me to rush
outside to grab the rays and colour on film.  But I then worry that I' not
seeing the picture that I want.  The answer is to snap away, I suppose,
then adjust on the results but I'm getting out of practice with all the
rain we're getting in Germany.

But I'm off with my wife and 2 sons to Elba and Tuscany for a couple of
weeks, so I can't fail to get the composition, lighting and colour right
can I?.. can I?

Chris