Re:[OM] M-1 and M-System Lenses and accesories

Subject: Re:[OM] M-1 and M-System Lenses and accesories
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:59:36 -0400
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 01:57:54 +0100
 "Paul Amundsen" <yeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, the user of html format wrote:
(for the sake of bandwidth, I have snipped all the html details from his post)

Hello all,
It seems to me that quite alot of members of the List have M-1's. These =
are quite rare. I am interested in where they have ended up in the =
world.
Currently I know of 6 in Portugal, 2 in Holland,4 in Japan and 4 in the =
US.
Can any one tell me of any around?
I would also like to know if any one has a Black one as I have only =
heared of one in Japan.
I am also interested in what M-System equipment is around the world.
I know of 50/1.4 50 135/3.5 and Quick auto 300 flash.
Any additional info on the M-System will be greatly appreciated.

Paul,

As you might be aware, I own an M-1.  An M-System 50mm/1.8 came with it.  I
also have a copy of the original M-1 manual,
but in Japanese.  The 51-page manual has an extensive coverage of the M-System
components in half of the manual.  At
that time there was an only one body, but so many components were already
manufactured, it seems.  There are photos of
various components as well as a diagrammatic description of each of the groups,
lens, motor drive, close-up photo,
macrophoto, and photomicro.  The format of these diagrams is identical to the
present one.  The list prices are given on
many items, too many to list here.

I am leaving in two and a half week to Scotland, and I got too many things to
do.

Let me know after August 18 if you still need information from my M-1 manual,
and we'll figure out what we can do.  You
may need to learn at least Katakana to go through the M-System list.  If you
can identify things on the OM-system list I
have in my FTP directory, you can make something out of the M-1 manual's 25+
pages on the M-System.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx