Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:45:36 -0700
>Another good thing to do is to change the film that you are using. I find
>that I think differently about things if I am using b/w versus color slide.
>Sometimes, something that wouldn't work at all in color makes a great b/w
>photo. For example, dare I say it, some of Ansel Adams work would not be
>nearly as 'aesthetically  pleasing' in color. At least, that's my
>opinion.....

>Dr. Matthew J. Cordery                    cordery1@xxxxxxxx

I think that is a good idea. Imposing a limitation and continuing to work
with it can focus the attention and stimulate creativity. Sometimes I find
it helpful to go out for the day with one fixed lens(we really are lucky to
have so much) and see what you can come back with. Most of us certainly did
that with a normal lens when we first started out and look how much we
learned in a short time.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California