Re: [OM] zoom for OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] zoom for OM-1
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Jul 1998 12:55:57 +1000
Christiaan T Jacobs <n9vkc@xxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> I also have a Om1n and recently purchased a sigma 85 200 lens.   I noticed
> that when looking through the lens attached to the camera the whole picture
> seems to be in focus but like a matte finish.

What is the maximum aperture of your zoom?  It's probably considerably
smaller than that of your 50mm, thus making the viewfinder image
dimmer and harder to focus.

Some focussing screens are brighter than others (for various reasons)
and can make it easier to focus.  A new screen will still work with
your 50mm.

Chris.