Re: [OM] OM-PC

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:29:11 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Dave and Sue Clover wrote:
>> Does anyone have information on the OM-PC?

I used to hate OM-PC's, then I bought one that was supposedly "broken"
for $15.  It works great!  I took it on a fishing trip, and the ESP mode
worked like a charm in backlit situations.  I don't use it for most of
my photography, but while out on a boat or climbing, where if it gets
dunked or dropped I won't be out anything, it works great.  It also fits
very comfortably in my hands.

The downside is that the PC has high battery drain, but so what?  It's
not so high that you can't get through several rolls (I have yet to need
to change my batteries after 4 months).  Just carry a couple sets of
spare batteries with you, and you'll be fine.

Cheers,
--Lee