[OM] Oly and Pro Work

Subject: [OM] Oly and Pro Work
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:28:09 -0400
Recently there was a thread on pros and Oly work. I bet everyone will get a
kick out of this...

Recently I offered my Zuiko 21/2 for sale on this list. No one bit, so it
went on Usenet. I sold it to a gentleman who works at the New York Times. I
don't think he is a pro photographer; he works in the art department.

Anyway, yesterday there was a massive water main break in Manhattan.
Apparently he was on the scene at dawn (probably lived in the neighborhood)
with his Oly and 21 in hand.

The photo he took was on the front page of the paper, and he e-mailed me to
tell me so. Unfortunately he also mentioned he slipped and damaged the
filter ring, but hey, bet he doesn't care much with a front page photo, eh?

Probably the first photo published in the 'Times by Zuiko in a few years, huh?

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com