[OM] Re: [OM] HTML-ized FAQ now up (métissage)

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM] HTML-ized FAQ now up (métissage)
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:46:03 +0200
Hi Winsor, you wrote:

>Now that I look at this quote from Dune again, I must say that the
assumption that it must be better in English is totally fallacious. No
subtlety at all. But then, I have always thought that the French translator
of Edgar Allen Poe must have been a genius. <

I didn't remember the name of  Edgar Allen Poe's translator but if my
remembrance is correct it was a great French writer (I must look for that,
I've read something about him recently)...
O course !!! It was Charles Baudelaire one of the greatest French Poets...
you know "Les Fleurs du Mal" and is it "the hazard" ? he wrote something
wonderful about the ceiling of a church, one hundred meter from my home, I
can see from my windows...
I think, like you I guess, that the Dune Translator Michel Demuth to name
it, have well captured the spirit of Frank Herbert thought.
"Métissage" is a good thing for me just like what Doris Fang answered to
John Austin's question:
>A little cross - pollination isn't bad, either. Listen to music, go see
some good movies (forget asteroids!), maybe a play or a poetry reading.
Discuss these things you are seeing with others of like interests<
So as the law of Lavoisier a great French Physician:
"rien ne se perd, rien ne se crée tout se transforme"
Sorry for the poor OM content except the fact that it's our favorite
"capturing tool"
regards
marc