Re: [OM] Oly and Pro Work

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly and Pro Work
From: Bpsterra@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:36:33 EDT
But we aren't talking about a scrapbook full of front-page shots, only one.
Unless it is one of the few most unique newspaper photos of all time, that use
will soon be forgotten.  It, alone, won't get anyone anywhere in terms of
selling photos.  But the 21/2 on a nice manual body can capture salable
pictures for decades.

I'll make you a deal, John.  The next time we sell a front-page photo, 1/4
page or less, on one of the top ten US dailies, I'll give you credit and the
fee if you send me a mint 21/2.  (Of course my photographer will have to go
along with this, but most would.)  We aren't a news agency, so this may take a
while; but you'll get good exposure, I promise.  If you want to name some uses
in news and consumer magazines that would be equivalent, the deal will go more
quickly.  No fair naming the scuzzy tabloids that tend to pay much better.

Even the NY Times or the Washington Post ends up in the bird cage or under the
cat box within the week.

Carl May
Biological Photo Service & Terraphotographics