Re: [OM] Zuiko eyepiece adapter design...

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko eyepiece adapter design...
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:07:52 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:54:56 EDT you write:

><<
> Hi all:
> For all of you that want to turn your long Zuiko lenses into a
> telescope, I have put a rough drawing of an eyepiece adapter up on the
> FAQ page.  This adapter works well, but could probably be tweaked.  All
> you need is a piece of aluminum, a good machinist, a 1.25" telescope
> eyepiece, a 1/4-20 nylon thumb screw, two #8-32x0.75" cap head screws,
> and a lens mount from an old extension tube or teleconverter.
>
> Cheers,
> --Lee
>  >>

>Wouldn't it be easier to find a Spirotone Teletech Adapter?

I don't know about the Spriatone Teletech but does it allow
interchangeable eyepieces, or does it have an eyepiece built in?  I know
the Nikon made adapter (and also the Canon one, I think) have built in
eyepieces.  This makes them very inflexible, at least in an astronomical
context.  And isn't Spiratone out of business anyway?  I've not seen one
of their ads in ages.

Cheers,
--Lee