Re: [OM] Gotta spend August in Melbourne... any tips?

Subject: Re: [OM] Gotta spend August in Melbourne... any tips?
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:20:21 +0100
>I was raised on Vegemite.. my Australian Mother's answer to anything that
>ailed... Florida, Publix supermarket sells Marmite which is a poor imitation
>(according to my Mum) but if you try it you will appreciate the REAL thing
>when you get it!  On other trips to Australia I've bought it by the case
>lot along with their wonderful tinned jams.  When we lived in Panama we
>couldn't find jam in any form so a case of Australian jam was a wonderful
>gift.

Just a moment, what do you think came first?  Marmite was the original
yeast extract spread/hot drink; vegemite was the "colonial" copy!

I think anyway :-)

Many British children were brought up on Marmite and it is still wonderful
stuff.  I have to confess that I have not tasted vegemite, but why let the
facts get in the way...? ;-)

Chris

"Mankind hopes vaguely, but dreads precisely." George F Will