[OM] My OM1n

Subject: [OM] My OM1n
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 15:57:25 +0200
Hi all

If you haven't got tired of my ramblings yet, my black dino OM1n has
arrived! Give me a break, it really isn't every day you buy a "new" camera,
is it? I fell I have the right to be at least a bit excited, OK?

So, what do you get for 895 SEK (112 US$) then, you ask?

Surprise No 1: Condition is BETTER then I expected. Some minor brassing on
the bottom plate and the back, a few very small marks on the prisma. Has
certainly seen less use than my OM4.
Surprise No 2: It IS equipped with a flash-shoe 4! I had found one of these
on the net for 300 SEK, don't have to order that one. Thank you.
Surprise No 3: A manual is included. And in swedish!. A collectors item in
itself, I presume.

Not such a big surprise, but great anyway: Everything seems to work just
fine! Exposure needle, flash-ready-signal, flash-OK, shutter speeds seems to
be in the right realm. Of course I have to do some more serious testing. I'm
a bit concerned about light-leaks, though foam looks very OK.

Also, this camera is warranted for 6 months. Seems some people are very
anxious to get rid of their OM-gear.

As I've saved 18000 SEK (2250 US$) in buying this OM1n instead of a
brand-new OM3Ti, I made the suggestion to my wife that I could directly put
aside 18000 SEK for a  350/2.8 lens. Somehow she didn't catch my logic :-(,
ah well, I guess female logic is different to male :-)

Not so funny: That gnarling, mechanical sound of the OM1-shutter in speeds
of 1 sec to 1/8 puts my wife on the verge of a hysterical laughter, "that
really is a dinosaur!". Hmmm.

Ulf Westerberg