Re: [OM] Why Oly is in a hole

Subject: Re: [OM] Why Oly is in a hole
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 15:14:01 -0400
Frank Wijsmuller wrote:
>And I doubt this upgrade was a real 'innovation' at its time, because
>in a brochure for the OM-10, 20 (G) and 30 (F) I found that the OM-20
>is equipped with a 'fine lumicron' extra bright focusing screen.

I have a question for Frank W.  Was the word "Fine" really in the brochure for
the OM-10,20, 30 and 40?

I, too, noticed the word "Lumi-Micron" in the specifications for the OMPC
(OM-40) in Shipman, '87. I checked the specs
for those cameras you mentioned in the OM Camera Guide by Ziv Kenet.  All the
four cameras have Lumi-Micron matte
screens.

The 2-x screens, however, are called by Olympus, "Fine Lumi-Micron matte
focusing screens."  It is possible that with
the OM-3Ti Olympus decided to reintroduce the Lumi-Micron matte focusing
screens which had been used in these OM-XX
cameras.

I am curious to know that the Lumi-Micron matte screen in the OM-XX is really
identical to the 2-x screens.  The OM2000
has a fairly bright focusing screen of the type x-13, but I found that the 2-4
screen is brighter.  Does anybody have
both screens?

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano