Re: [OM] Will Work For Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Will Work For Cameras
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:05:14 -0700
> C H Ling wrote
>
> <Hi Charlie,
>
> You really have to say sorry to the Buddhists, the Yin/Yang logo is
> related to Taoism not Buddhism. Okay, don't worry, I am not either.
>
> C.H.Ling>
>
> I was refering to the chant or Mantra,  Is that not Bubbhist
derived?
> Or at least common to Bubbhism.  Come on bail me out!
>
> Charlie Loeven
> Largo Florida

If you are referring to the Yin/Yang symbol by John Petrush at:

http://www.webgenuity.com/om.htm

this symbol is used by Taoism not Buddhism, you will not see it anywhere
in a bubbhist temple. Also, I don't think it was derived by Bubbhist.
There are some stories tell that in ancient time some conflicts are
happen between the Taoism and Buddhism (but may not true), so it is not
nice to put them together. Actually, I didn't have deep studies on both,
don't take it serious.

C.H.Ling