Re: [OM] Will Olympus AF lenses work on MF bodies

Subject: Re: [OM] Will Olympus AF lenses work on MF bodies
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 05:03:49 -0400
Dan wrote:

>Two of the lenses I noticed were:
>    AF 50mm / f2 Macro
>    AF 35-105mm / f?
>I've read on this list that the AF lens design was the same as
>the non-AF design, so opticaly they should be the same.  My
>questions are:
>1) Will these AF lenses work on the non-OM-77 bodies (OM-1 etc.)?

Unfortunately, no. Focus and aperture can only electronically be
controlled by the 707 (or 101). The only AF Zuiko that will work on any
OM is the 35-70 that's designed for the OM-30 (the one with the bulky
battery compartment attached to it).

>2) If they do work, what is the quality of this combination
>   compared to using the equivalent non-AF Olympus lenses?

I believe they're optically equal to their MF brothers (or are lenses
feminine?).

Hans