Re: [OM] Focus Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Camera
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 14:31:08 +0100
Richard - I know this won't make you feel any better but 2/3 months ago I
ordered 2 Olympus macro lenses new from B&H and they arrived, as promised,
within a week. I did check on Focus and I seem to remember that their
prices were no better than B&H.

I presume you didn't pay by credit card as if so the company should be able
to put pressure on them.

Are Focus in New York? - if so perhaps there is a friendly member of our
list who could pay them a visit to try and hurry things up - it would be
disgraceful if you couldn't get a full refund!

To answer your lens question I think the 180mm/f2.8 and 300mm/f4.5
lenses are both excellent but if you look long enough you can get them much
cheaper used than new - I only went new for the macro lenses because in a
year of looking used I never once saw either.

David

> I thought you'd like to know my experience, having transferred $1518 to
> purchase several macro items of new Oly stuff as advertised on their
> website, they said on 22/05 that they could not obtain it, after having
> taken weeks about it.
> Now I am still waiting for a refund! I know I know should have gone to
B&H!