Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:56:22 -0400 (EDT)

> >|spelling!!)??

   By chance, I was reading last night, and ran across this in an
interview of Duane Michals. The interviewer is the reknowned teacher
and photographer Arnold Gassan, and his students who have come to visit
DM.

Student: I'm thinking of people my own age getting narrow.

Michals: I hate to hear that. I think of people your age being
         more open. There goes another illusion!

Gassan: This another reason for this class. Because so many of my
        graduates were closed and tight, but thought they were at
        the boundaries of what was possible.

Michals: The most beautiful thing is to stay naive and childlike as
        possible. It's impossible, of course, because once you
        become aware of it, you blow it. I think of Brancusi (sculptor)
        who was such an incredible personality, who always maintained...
        I think all great artists have this kind of thing about them.
        It's not something you can instill; it's just there.

   Sorry about the lengthy quote. I thought y'all might find this
   interesting and to the point.

                              *= Doris Fang =*