Re: [OM] 38mm macro mounts on what?

Subject: Re: [OM] 38mm macro mounts on what?
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:41:37 +0100
This means that the lens itself has a screw mount and has to be screwed on
to the PM-TOB mount which can then mount to the camera in the normal way.
The lens will then be manual, that is you will have to change the aperture
yourself.

These older macro lenses are quite rare - I've just bought one of the newer
auto ones having looked for a used one for over a year. The mount is also
quite rare and if possible you should try and get it with the lens. It is
likely that the seller is selling the mount with it - the only reason not
to is that you only need one mount for both the older 20mm and 38mm manual
macro lenses. I would have thought that a seller would not expect to sell a
lens without the mount unless they are quite specific about it - you
certainly won't be able to use it on a camera without one!

Hope this helps, David

----------
> From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [OM] 38mm macro mounts on what?
> Date: 22 July 1998 16:09
>

> The  "Paul Farrar's Zuiko Lens Reference Page"
> http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html has this listing:
>
> Zuiko MC Macro 38mm [3] f/3.5 ...
>
> [3.] Requires PM-MTob Mount.
>
> Could someone explain what the comment means? My copy of the OM System
Lens