Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:40:26 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: edmall@xxxxxxx

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx wrote:

> I second the Tarpon Springs vote, although it's not very much north of
> Tampa.  When we brought the 'Finesse' back from Tampa, we spent a day
> there.  Fun, and friendly people.  Shot lots of pics w/OM-2S & 35-70mm.
> Places to eat:  Any Greek restaurant on Dodecanese, and Bugaboo's on
> Pinellas a stone's throw south of Dodecanese.  Especially Bugaboo's.

  I like Mr. Souvlakis' on Dodecanese, the last one on the right hand side
(heading towards the water) of the same street. Have your fortune read
at the New Age place there (also on the r, hand side), some very cool
people, and check out the tiny alley on the side of the shop, it is
just beautiful for a small space.
  One last thing...trust me on this one...when you're in T. Springs,
stop at all the Greek Bakeries until you find the rose candy (they
have a long, unpronounceable name for it) and buy a boxful. If you
read "Like Water for Chocolate" and believe in the psychoactive nature
of food, the rose candy won't let you down. The effect is (and after the
UFO story, I realize I'm painting myself into a corner, but what the heck,
I'm among friends) that everything will just seem "lovely". Try it.
  OM content...
         When going to T.SPrings, I always take a 50/3.5, tripod and/or
flash to take pics of the bazillions of souvernirs. Ask first, and be
careful not to get in the way.

                                  *= Doris Fang =*