Re: [OM] zuiko 35mm 2.0 and 25-105 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] zuiko 35mm 2.0 and 25-105 questions
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 00:24:08 EDT
<<There is a 35-105 zuiko as well for 150 dollars.  My question
is: is this a genuine olympus lens, or is it manufactured by a third party
and tagged as an olympus?  And is the zoom lens any good?  >>

I believe it's made by Tokina and is very good.  See
http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.html
and click on the Modern Photography lens tests.  The price is usually in the
$250 range if you can find one.

<< Plus I would like an OM4T, but a friend who fixes cameras says that
 the little black deal on the lens mount invariably breaks and costs big
 bucks to fix. >>    If you stick with Olympus lenses, there should be no
problem.  With certain early lens, the screw holes in third party lens mounts
scraped off the black plastic reset button.  An example would be my Series 1
35-85, which is now epoxied over and sanded down to prevent this from
happening.

Warren Kato
wkato@xxxxxxx