Re: [OM] 38mm macro mounts on what?

Subject: Re: [OM] 38mm macro mounts on what?
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:19:40 -0800
Neal <Rockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have an adaptor with either 41 or 42mm female thread and the Oly
>bayonet on the back. This looks much larger that the thread diameter of
>the PM-MTob. On the front it says "OM  Japan". Rather than a flat
>release button, it has a cylindrical one. It doesn't look like the
>adaptor in the Oly literature - perhaps made by a third party? Anyone
>know what the 41 or 42mm thread is intended for?

That's a T-mount adapter. It's aftermarket (I don't believe Olympus
made one). It allows the use of misc. preset and mirror lenses on an
OM body. The thread is 42mm, but is incompatible with Pentax/Praktica
screw mount. T-mount adapters are available for all major mounts.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx