Re: [OM] Ring flashes on 20 mm and 38 mm macros?

Subject: Re: [OM] Ring flashes on 20 mm and 38 mm macros?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:13:30 EDT

<< Hmmmm, I think I remember that Novoflex used to (or still does) produce a
 goose-neck 'cold'-shoe mount for flashes for macro-work. Maybe the other end
 could be attached to the base of the bellows or the tripod (I might find an
old
 catalogue at work)? That should be a very 'flexible' solution and you
wouldn't
 have to alter the the front plate of the bellows. >>

That's a good idea.  The only place to attach something to the Oly bellows is
the screw thread hole (1/4-20 thread American) at the front of the rail by
unscrewing the black knob.  There's no place on the standard itself to do so.
With the 20mm and 38mm I would suppose that you would want the front standard
moved to the front of the bellows and focus with the rear standard.

Warren