Re: [OM] wind up at soligor?

Subject: Re: [OM] wind up at soligor?
From: Andrea Marchi <marchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:08:40 -0500
Soenke Jansen wrote:

> Hi list,
> I've just seen a winder 'for' OM for sale. Looks very much like the winder2,
> except for the lack of a jack for external power supply. It does single and
> continuous exposures (said to be 2/sec) and has a build-in timer (5, 30 and
> 60sec and 5min). It comes with a remote control (3m) and an extension cable
> (10m). The label says 'Soligor'.
> At less than half the price of a used winder2 I feel somewhat tempted,
> especially as the cheap winder1, that I wanted to buy and convert for serial
> exposures (according to Lars' instructions) was sold.
> So, does anyone have any experience with this winder?
> Thanks in advance for any clues.
> Soenke, Hamburg

Soligor winder for Oly is sold in Italy for about 120$ brand new from
official importer. Unfortunately I haven't  got any personal experience
with it.
A friend of mine bought one for Minolta MD last year (doesn't have the
hand grip), and hasn't broken yet.

Probably it is worth the money it costs.
I dont't even think the built in timer is an interesting feature.
The best feature that other universal winders haven't got is the hand
grip.
I would buy Soligor among universal's producers just for the hand grip.

The choice is your.

Andrea