Re: [OM] T10 Ring Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] T10 Ring Flash
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:55:20 -0500
Here's my (admittedly limited) $.02 on this subject...

Once when I was in the Chicago - O'Hare airport, walking through an
underground tunnel that connects Terminal 3 with the transportation center
(lined on one side with a glass block wall, with colored lights on the
other side) I came across what was evidently a fashion shoot in progress;
photographer, camera/tripod/flash gear, gaffer, model, rack of clothes, art
director, the whole nine yards crammed into a relatively small corridor.
They were shooting the model against the glass block wall, and were using a
rather large ring flash (of the indirect variety, using a circular
reflector) on the camera for, I imagine, shadowless fill.  The camera was a
Pentax 6 x 7, by the way.  No other lighting was used, other than the
lights behind the glass block wall and the ring flash.

It was quite a sight, watching them trying to work while all the passengers
kept walking past.  Still, it gave me new ideas for ring flash usage
(should I ever have cause to own one).

'Nuff said.  No Oly content, unfortunately, but I thought it might be
interesting to see how the other half lives.

See ya.

Mahlon

(Embedded image moved to file: PIC01851.PCX)
wiese @ one.net.au ("Wiese")  (Mailed by: wiese @ one.net.au ("Wiese") @
internet)
07/23/98 07:04 PM EDT