Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:38:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, gma wrote:

|Denton;
|
|Your message stopped me in my tracks. A whole lot of truth in there.  Pain can
|be a great motivator. This aesthetic thread has really got me thinking.  Thanks
|to everyone who's contributed to it.

I recall the Canadian photographer, Freeman Patterson, related a story
concerning a field trip made with his photo class.  One male student
of his seemed to be having a difficult time getting focused on the
surrounding environment (a beautiful wooded area).  Freeman inquired
of the student what was troubling him and received a sad tale of
personal woes which were preventing him from appreciating th
surrounding beauty.  Freeman advised him to tune in to his feelings
and make photos which reflected them.  The resultant photos of this
student were among the most evocative and beautiful (in their despair)
of the entire class.