[OM] I'm off to see the Wizard!

Subject: [OM] I'm off to see the Wizard!
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:03:45 -0500
Hello, everyone.  I've just finished moving into a new house, and I've just
got enough time to bash this message out to you all.

Earlier last week, I indicated that I was expecting an assignment in
Melbourne, Aus.  and early this morning I finally received word that "The
Australian Job" is ON!   HOT DIGGEDY!

So, armed with the Most Faithful and Reliable OM-2n, my New (to me) OM-2S
(O He of the Most Magnificent Shutter Noise), the Inestimable 28mm f 2.8,
the Redoubtable 50mm f 1.4, the Most Impressive Techno-Morphin' Vivitar
Series 1 90mm f 2.5 convertible macro, the Oracular 135mm f 2.8, and last
but not least The Defender Of The Faith 200mm f 4, plus The Usual Gang Of
Suspects in the form of filters, doohickies, etc. etc. etc., Our Intrepid
Hero <AAACKKKKK!>

Umm... reading Ken's message of the tale of two teleconverters the other
day seems to have gone to my head.  All right, I'm better now.  No, really!
So, I'm off tomorrow to Down Under for at least 4 to 6 weeks with high
expectations (not to mention a loaded camera and plenty of ready cash!) to
do that professional voodoo that I do, plus take in a bit of scenery along
the way and to smell the wildflowers, too.  Anyway, I want to thank
Matthew, Wayne, Chris, Neal, Duncan, Foxy, and Kerry for their advice on
places to go, beers to drink and things to avoid (mostly revolving around a
mystical substance referred to as "Vegemite" but also with somewhat more
colorful names every now and again!).

I actually won't be off list very much, so I may bash out an E-mail
postcard to everyone every now and then.  'Til then,

See ya,

Mahlon