Re: [OM] Maybe and other stories (was:NO) - Some OLY content

Subject: Re: [OM] Maybe and other stories (was:NO) - Some OLY content
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:11:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Shawn Wright wrote:

> On 24 Jul 98 at 11:57, Clive Warren wrote:
>
> > One of my all time favourite photos was taken on a box brownie (actually a
> >
> My first camera was a Brownie Box from my Dad - not sure of the exact
> vintage,
> but it was made of a melmac type material, and took, I think, 126 film.  I
> still have an album of B/W shots taken on this camera when I was very young
> (6-10 or so), some of which are not bad. Interestingly the brownie shots
> appear
> sharper than many of those taken on the 110 camera which replaced it...

  Most of (famous southern photographer) William Christenberry's
early shots of southern farm architecture were done with a Brownie,
and the prints at the drugstore. I saw an exhibit of these two years
ago, and it was wonderful to see drugstore prints on museum walls, and
somehow, it all fit really well. The price for those prints, BTW, is
stratospheric now.
                               *= Doris Fang =*