[OM] More Pro

Subject: [OM] More Pro
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 20:23:54 -0400
In regards to the interesting thread that went on concerning shooting at
concerts, and the corporitizing (did I invent a new word?) of the music
business...

Toady I walked thru a part of Central Park where they were preparing for
the Goodwill Games' triathalon. The signs were up with a LONG list of
forbidden things, including food and water :-(

Photographically, the sign said,

'No video cameras, tripods, or professional photographic equipment'

This seems like a reasonable compromise to me--that is, as long as they
don't include anything with a pentaprism in the 'professional' category.

Can you just see it? Dedicated amateur #1 shows up with Nikon F5 and 80-200
zoom. 'Sorry, no pro equipment allowed'.

Dedicated amateur #2 shows up with OM, 300 4.5. 'Go in sir--anyone with a
old camera like that must not be a pro'.

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com