Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 22:07:30 +0800
> C.H.Ling replies:
>
> >The Olympus AF 35-105 is a 14 elements 13 groups design while the
Zuiko
> >35-105 is a 16-12 design, they also have different close focus
mode.

> True, but these small differences are the RESULT of the need for a
> different implementation of the close-focusing (macro) mode in the
AF
> lens.  A closer examination of the two lenses and their specs
clearly
> reveals far more similarities than differences.
>
> Cheers,
>
> /Gary Schloss.
> Studio City, CA
> schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you do think a lens with different optical construction is
similar, then I agree with you, at least they are both 35-105mm
f3.5-4.5.  I have both lenses, the AF 35-105 at 35mm end have much
higher barrel distortion when compared to the Zuiko 35-105 and their
rear lens elements are completely different.

C.H.Ling
Accura Digital Imaging
http://www.glink.net.hk/~chling