[OM] FM10 and OM2000

Subject: [OM] FM10 and OM2000
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 17:37:12 -0400
I just received an e-mail from an Indonesian student studying geology in
Australia.

He is interested in buying an OM2000.  One of the things he said was "I don't
want to buy a Nikon FM10 because it has a dim and dull viewfinder".

Has anyone compared the OM2000 and the FM10 with respect to their viewfinders?
Actually the brightness of a fucusing screen is responsible for the brightness
or the dullness of a viewfinder.

BTW, I, too, noticed the FM10 being introduced as a new product in the July
issue of Shutterbug.  I think that in a way it is a new product.  The reason I
am saying this is that B&H now has two prices for the FM10 which used to have
only one price (imported).  Apparently Nikon is officially selling the FM10 in
the U.S.
perhaps because of the success (?) of the OM2000 in the U.S.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
Home Page: http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/