[OM] Documentation

Subject: [OM] Documentation
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:15:05 EDT
As time goes on, and for various reasons,  I think all of us Olympus-philes
and Zuiko-philes are having to look more and more to the used market to find
lenses and equipment. One of the disadvantages of this is that you rarely find
used equipment with documentation (at least this has been true in my
experience).

This got me to thinking that between everyone on this list, there is probably
at least one copy of almost every manual, data sheet, brochure, etc... that
Olympus has ever published for the OM system. I was wondering if it would be
possible to collect this information somewhere, either on paper or
(preferably, I think) online? I'm not sure if Olympus' lawyers would have a
problem with this, but I think we would all find it both interesting (wishing
over the stuff we can't afford) and useful (research before a purchase, for
example).

Assuming the lurking lawyers out there don't object, any ideas on how this
could be approached? Or maybe no one thinks it's worth it (I realize this
could be a lot of work)? Putting it online might be cost prohibitive (it would
mean hosting an awful lot of scanned pages, I would imagine). It might be
feasible to create paper collections and bind them, possibly breaking the task
up so one person isn't burdened too heavily. Maybe it could be broken up into
groups the way Oly does, with a Camera body group, Lens group, Flash group,
Motor drive group, Finder group, etc.?

Anyway, this was just a thought. I would love to get my hands on the manuals
for my T-20 and T-32! And just think of the poor guy/gal who buys a used Grip
Strap someday, has never seen one before, and tries to attach it to his/her
winder or motor without the instructions (assuming (s)he's even got all of the
little bits and pieces, and if (s)he doesn't, can figure out what (s)he
needs...)

Paul