Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:09:29 -0500
>Don't most large companies worldwide have policies thatv state, any ideas
the
>employee suggests become property of the company?  So, no matter where you
go, the
>company owns the idea (no matter where you go there you are):-)

Yes, if the company copyrights the idea and/or it becomes an obvious part of
a marketing/business plan.  Just because I suggest an idea doesn't mean the
company owns that idea.  Action on the idea (in some form) must take place
in order for the company to "own" that idea.

It is true that many of us have employee/employer agreements that state that
the company owns the creative works that we generate as a function of our
employment with that company, but the company doesn't "own" the creative
process that exists inside the skull of the person coming up with the idea.
I can go to another company and apply that creative process to "reinvent" an
idea.  Best of all, the second version is almost always better than the
first.

Ken N.