Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:53:53 EDT
You don't own one of these lenses, do you.  You've never even seen one.
I'm looking at my Zuiko 35-105 f3.5-4.5 AND I'm looking at my 75-150f4 AND my
200f5, all Zuiko.  Gee, the aperture rings all have 22 (32 for the 75-150) on
the LEFT.  All move the same way!!!  Could your anonymus someone on the list
be wrong?  Does this change your opinion?
More to come

<<
 As far as the 35 - 105 being manufactured by Olympus question.  I suspect it
 is not.  Mostly because someone on the list said the aperture ring works in
 the opposite direction as all other Zuiko's.  If this is correct, I doubt
 Olympus would make such a drastic change.  Why would they?  Also, if my
memory
 serves me.  The 35-105 was advertised as a "price" ( I think they called it a
 "S' series) lens.  This is a very common "outsourcing" method of adding
 product to an existing line.  Therefore, I would agree with Gary S. and
others
 who have stated "they think" it is made by someone else.  If it was
 manufactured by Zuiko, then they must have gotten their ideas from someone
who
 knows a lot about lens design.  Because from the reports here on the list.
It
 is a very fine lens.  And it sure is a radical change from the other Zuiko
 zooms.
 BW >>