Re: [OM] 35-105 zoom question

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-105 zoom question
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 21:13:32 EDT

<< At the local camera store
 there is an Olympus name brand one for $150 ( which  I will be happy to
 buy for anyone here that wants it), and then there is a Tokina 35-105 in
 an Olympus mount which is identical but half the price and in better
 shape to boot!  If it's the same lens then I think I'll save money by
 buying the Tokina version.  I'll take a look and see by comparing them
 if they are really the same, (the tokina is 3.5/4.3, while the Olympus
 is 3.5/4.5).

 Claude.

I had a Tokina 35-135 that I thought took good pictures.  Then I found the
35-105 Zuiko.  That's good pictures.
Is there any reason why one of the world's best lens makers would put its name
on a lens that is made by someone else???
The Zuiko 35-105 is a Zuiko lens.  It is in the Olympus product books and
pamplets as a Zuiko lens.  It looks like, handles like, and shoots like an
Olympus Zuiko lens.
Why would you think differently?  Have you any shred of evidence to the
contrary?
Ed