Re: [OM] Zuiko TOP TEN

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko TOP TEN
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:01:42 EDT
Hi all:

At some point it was point out that the 55 mm thread lenses are only 10%
heavier than the 49 mm thread counterparts.  The arguments was that little was
to be gained in weight by going with the more expensive and faster primes (100
mm and less?).

I'd like to add one more reason for going with the 49 mm (vs. 55 mm) models of
each prime from 21 to 200 mm (and the 35-70 mm zoom).  There is an average
length reduction of 25%.  That is important to me since vest pocket space is
at a premium.  I'm bound to leave behind at least one focal length if I take a
faster model lens with me.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV