Re: [OM] 35-105 zoom question

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-105 zoom question
From: Ralph Nitschke <Ralph_Nitschke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:55:08 -0700
Shawn Wright wrote:

> For those who have the Zuiko 35-105: does this lens bear the white "date code"
> lettering on the lens mount area like other Zuikos? I know the presence or
> absence of these letters proves nothing, but it would be interesting to
> know...

[snip]

I'm not sure what lettering you're referring to Shawn.  The only lettering
present
on the lens mount for the 35-105 is "N1F4" and there is nothing similiar to
this on
any of my other Zuiko lenses.

I don't know if this means anything, but one difference is on that each of my
Zuiko
lenses (24/2.8, 50/1.8, 100/2.8 and 180/2.8), has printed on the silver ring
that
has the depth-of-field preview button and the lens lock button "LENS MADE IN
JAPAN", while the 35-105 only has "JAPAN".

Niether of the two Tokina lenses (28-70/3.5-4.5 and 70-210/4-5.6) I have, have
anything printed on the lens mount - and "Japan" is printed on the filter mount.

As I say, don't know if any of this means anything - but I thought I'd
contribute.

Ralph