Re: [OM] good deal?

Subject: Re: [OM] good deal?
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 20:51:29 -0700
Cc: Olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Howdy all.
> Time to move out of lurker mode and ask a few questions.
> First of all I am a professional newspaper photographer shooting all
> Olympus bodies and mainly zuiko with a smattering of tamron, tokina and
> vivitar lenses.

Nice to hear from a working pro using Oly!

> I have run into what I think is a good deal, but want verification
> before I drop the wad.
> The seller has a stash that consists of
> two OM4s, one of which has a ding that prevents the film counter from
> moving, but otherwise in ready-to-shoot status which is all I'm
> interested in.
> Lens
> zuiko 85 F2, 65-200 zoom, 50 1.8, 135 3.5
> vivitar 28-105 3.5-4.5
> sigma 24 2.8 and 2X converter
> Olympus winder 2
> And a silver case.
> He originally wanted $450 but has since decided $525 is a fairer price.
> Please respond to me personally because I am in digest mode and will be
> meeting with the seller Wednesday morning at 10 a.m. EST.

If the glass is in good working order, I'd say go for it. Below are low
and high prices that I've seen this gear for in BC over the past few
years:
OM-4 $425 - 995 (yes, $995 for a plain 4, albeit mint!)
85/2 - $200 - 295
65-200 $ 175 - 275
135/3.5 $75 - 150
not certain on the remainder, but if this kit includes two working
OM-4s, it sounds like a steal.