Re: [OM] Documentation & 135mm question

Subject: Re: [OM] Documentation & 135mm question
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 22:37:04 +1000
Foxy,

In Sydney, I've seen 135/2.8 Zuikos go for anything between $170 and $300
AUD, depending on condition and vendor ignorance/incompetence.  I bought
mine in Ex-condition (from a dealer I've since decided is generally
overpriced) for $210, and I love it; it's sharp and I get a lot of varied
use out of it - some portraits, candids, and landscape, though you might
consider it redundant if you have a faster 100 or 180mm.  I find it not too
difficult too handhold, especially with higher shutterspeeds, although I
have taken sunsets on Velvia with it, handheld with no problems.

I've only seen one 135/3.5, and it was going for $95 about a month ago.

You probably already know about it, but Photographic Trader magazine has
heaps of private classifieds, with fair amounts of Oly gear, and is an easy
place to hunt for the best prices.

Cheers

Andy