Re: [OM] OMs unobtrusiveness (was All f2s)

Subject: Re: [OM] OMs unobtrusiveness (was All f2s)
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:49:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Giles wrote:

> Could it be that 970f those travel photos are taken with Point
> and Shoots and that they are the manufacturers answer to the
> travelers needs.> Giles

  While that is true, it is also true that most SLRs are
sold to people that buy them with travel in mind,
and that is the segment that IMO is overlooked. So many
of the good quality (not talking f/2 here) zooms are
rather bulky and heavy. Only a few great, small zooms
have been produced. This is an area that OM naturally
fits into, and the Cosina zooms are not what I have
in mind. With SLR sales up this last year, it may
be time for some more variety & innovation in the
hardware. IMO, the most innovative and significant
design in SLR lenses has to be the C*n*n Internal
Stabilization business. I would love a 35/2.0
with IS, or a 50/1.8 (Okay, maybe f/1.4s).

                                       Dreamin' Doris