Re: [OM] Vivitar 200/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 200/3.5
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 23:47:23 -0800
Tom Curlee wrote:

>I recently saw a Vivitar 200/3.5 in OM mount in a pawn shop.  Anyone
>know how this lens performs and what it's worth?  I think it was SC.

It's a very good performer -- one of several inexpensive SC telephotos
(others were 135/f2.8, 100/f2.8, ???) made for Vivitar by one of their
better subcontractors, also responsible for the fabled Series 1 135/f2.3
and 200/f3 (the latter two are MC).

I tried the SC trio, and was very impressed -- esp. by the terrific
100/f2.8. IMHO, these lenses, if mint, are an excellent value. Prices
should generally be low, and availability, except for the 100/f2.8
-- very high, i.e. no reason to buy them in less than EXC+ condition.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx