Re: [OM] Spot Meter reading vs OTF

Subject: Re: [OM] Spot Meter reading vs OTF
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:40:49 EDT
I don't think the OM-4 uses the OTF reading if you have made spot readings.
Even if the light did change, how would it know how the change specifically
affected the spot area(s)? Now if it had an inertial guidance system and could
determine the spherical coordinates (relative to the photographer) of each
spot reading as the camer is pointed in different duirections.... maybe in the
OM-8 or OM-9, I suppose...

I have a related question - if I take multiple spot readings and then press
the Hi.Light or Shadow buttons on my OM-4, what is teh affect. Is the bias
applied to the average reading? Or does the Hi.Light/Shadow button apply the
brightness to the lightest/darkest (respectively) spot and then recalculate
the average?

Thanks,

Paul