Re: [OM] Experience with Olympus America

Subject: Re: [OM] Experience with Olympus America
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 06:42:22 -0700
John Hermanson wrote:

>Inventory of a certain part number might be eliminated if none had  been
sold
>within a fixed time span, perhaps as much as 5 to 8 years.   Why they do it
is
>beyond me.
>I ran into this problem when I tried to buy the front element to a 90 F2
macro.
>The loose part was not made available.

John,

By loose part, I think I correctly assume you mean the front element. What
was available? All the elements as a package? Or nothing? If I recall, the
90mm f2 macro is also current production. Am I wrong in my assumption that
Olympus, as well as all manufacturers, have to supply parts for a certain
number of years AFTER an item is no longer produced. It should go with out
saying that parts should be available during the production run. What gives?
Any ideas?

Regards,
John Austin