Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:20:22 -0500
>Do not assume all hands are equally reflective. Buy or borrow an 18ard
>and calibrate your hand, so you know what the correction is.

I'm a bit confused here.  Why is it that we are extolling the virtues of
hand reflectance when it is such a variable thing.  Granted, most of us have
two of them that travel just about everywhere we do, but reflectance varies
so much depending on sweat, angle, tan/sunburn, etc.  I can never get the
same measurement twice.  John Shaw gripes about 18 0ray cards being
inaccurate because sometimes they can be "shiny" but then praises his hands
which are completely variable.  What am I missing?  Is this some new logic
brought to us by the tiny Spacemen?

Ken N.