Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 18:02:37 +1000
>I'm a bit confused here.  Why is it that we are extolling the virtues of
>hand reflectance when it is such a variable thing.  Granted, most of us
have
>two of them that travel just about everywhere we do, but reflectance varies
>so much depending on sweat, angle, tan/sunburn, etc.  I can never get the
>same measurement twice.

Maybe the hand is in different light? Just pulling your leg. I sweat like a
pig (BTW, has anyone seen a pig sweat?). OK, I sweat so much people nearby
drown. I just wipe my hand on my clothes to try and remove "extra
reflectance" prior to a shot. (Tracey does the washing, and I hope she
doesn't read this).

I'm a bit of a John Shaw fan, but don't agree with everything he says (or
else I would be redundant). But I was using my hand before I read his books
and it always solved problems with difficult scenes.

I was toying with checking my camera bags as a grey card, but as you say I
usually have at least one hand with me. (The other holds the camera).

Foxy