Re: [OM] Sleepers

Subject: Re: [OM] Sleepers
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 13:13:16 -0500
At 10:31 PM 7/31/1998 EDT, Greg you wrote:
>I hope the OM purists on the list don't jump me for this response, but I use
>Olympus bodies for the control they give me over exposure and their
>compactness, and independent lenses because they give me options that OM
>lenses don't.

Hi Greg,

Different strokes for different folks. After my first camera kit in which I
had the standard 35mm, 50mm, 135mm combo, I opted for zooms. (This was in a
different line of camera, starts with a "N".) Even with Olympus, my first
lenses were 35-70/f3.5-4.5 and 75-150/f4 -- still my only zooms. One of the
real joys of Zuikos is that you have the option of using very light primes,
and the slower, somewhat light ones are also pretty reasonable to buy.

It looks like you made some really astute choices among your zooms. If you
like the quality, I wouldn't take guff from anybody about it.

The trouble for me is that I don't take a position on primes vs. zooms.  I
want them ALL.

Joel